Saturday 21 September 2019

The 100th Blog Post- 52 Favourite Things

Hi Folks,

This is my 100th blog post!! I am happy to have made it to this milestone of my blogging journey. My blogging journey started way back in 2005 on live journal. I noticed my account is still active there but all my entries are now in private mode so you would not be able to find any post there.

I was always fond of writing and wrote a lot especially in my college days- mainly a novel which is unseen and unpublished. Writing a novel is a lot more commitment, effort and requires a lot more focus and time. There was a time when I had enough time, focus and commitment to write a novel but life happened and priorities changed; and I found it more convenient to blog.

I am generally a very private person but it was nice to be able to communicate outside without anyone noticing my existence. Back in 2005, I was definitely much bolder- I looked back at some of my posts and I cannot believe I wrote a commentary on how to find a solution to the Ayodhya issue.

Anyway, I wanted this post to be special but could not really think of anything special to write about. So, yet again, this post is all about me. I am sharing some of my favourite things. It may not be interesting to many people but I think I will share anyway. So, here it is:

1. Favourite Colour(s): Pink, Black and Grey
2. Favourite Ice cream flavour: Chocolate
3. Favourite Chocolate bar: Chaucer with Hazelnuts and Cadbury's Fruit and Nut
4. Favourite TV Show: This keeps changing. Current favourites are The Office, and Pride and Prejudice (1995- BBC)
5. Favourite Piece of Stationery: Tough one- I would say Notebooks/Diaries
6. Favourite Movie: Keeps changing as well. Current favourites are Hindi: Choti Is Baat; English: It's a Wonderful Life and You've got Mail
7. Favourite Music: Indian Classical Music and Western Classical Instrumental music; Disco style music
8. Favourite Place that I visit over and over again: Mangalore- my home town- the older I get, the more I enjoy going to Mangalore and near by areas. I must say, my favourite time of the year to visit is October to February and not anytime of the year.
9. Favourite Holiday Destination: There are so many. In India- Mangalore, Goa, Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh come to my mind right now. Outside India- Singapore, Mauritius and Luxembourg
10. Favourite Sport to Watch: Tennis and Cricket and when the world cup is on- Football
11. Favourite Blogs: Mr. Vinod Ekbote's blog and One Social Girl, even though she does not upload as much any more.
12. Favourite YouTube Channel: Holly Gabrielle, Thomas Frank, Saloni Srivastava and Jaby Koay- this is primarily a reaction channel. I really enjoy watching Jaby and his friends discuss movies etc. I feel like I am amongst my friends and watching and discussing movies and TV shows. If left to me and my husband, we would not have watched half of the web series that are on. Jaby Koay's channel is an enjoyable watch during my commute.
13. Favourite Snack: Nuts- cashew, almond, peanuts and walnuts; and Vegetable Grilled Sandwich
14. Favourite thing to have for Lunch: Indian- Rice, Daal and vegetable stir-fry or curry; Non-Indian-  Pasta with a lot of vegetables
15. Favourite Season: Summer
16. Favourite Subject at School: English Literature and Biology
17. Favourite form of Physical Activity: Walking and Yoga
18. Favourite Board Game: Snakes and Ladders; Ludo and Sorry. I also like playing cards but not really a board game
19. Favourite Video Game: Mario, Tetris and Car Racing games
20. Favourite Fairy Tale: It is a Russian one called Vassilisa, The Beautiful
21. Favourite Comics: Tintin, Asterix and Tinkle
22. Favourite Indian Stories to read as a child: There are so many. Right now Akbar-Birbal, Tenali Rama, Panchatantra and Jataka Tales and several mythological stories come to mind
23: Favourite Non-Indian Stories to read as a child: Like most children- stories from books or Enid Blyton. Abridged classics.
24. Favourite Book: There are so many, cannot really think of the most favourite one. Right now- Rebecca, Scarlet Pimpernel comes to mind but there are several others too
25. Favourite Time of the Week: Friday Evenings- I always secretly wish that they never end
26. Favourite Hobby: Not one, I have 3- Reading, Writing, Baking
27. Favourite way to relax: Sing in the shower; Nap
28. Favourite Vegetable: Cauliflower
29. Favourite Fruit: Mango
30. Favourite Cartoon: Tom and Jerry; Little Lulu
31. Favourite Game to Play Outside: I do not know if it qualifies as a game but I like Frisbee
32. Favourite Festival(s): Ganesh Chaturthi, Diwali, Christmas
33. Favourite Flower: Carnation
34. Favourite Natural Wonder: Natural Hot water spring/geyser at Manikaran
35. Favourite Jewellery: Mostly earrings
36. Favourite Clothes: Anything comfortable, Indian wear- Sarees and Kurtas
37. Favourite Meal that I prepared: Gujarati Thali- prepared Sev Tameta nu shaak, Daal Dhokli, Lasaniya bateta nu shaak, Gujaratu khichdi, Gujarati Kadhi, Thepla, Moong daal Sheera, Masala Chaas, Gujarati daal.
38. Favourite Dessert: Indian: So many- Gajar Ka Halwa is coming to my mind now, Non-Indian: Eggless Caramel Custard and Chocolate Cake
39. Favourite Cuisine: Indian and Italian
40. Favourite room in the house: Bathroom
41. Favourite Adventure: Cave Exploration at Savandurga and Parasailing in Mauritius
42. Favourite Junk food: I consider Garlic Bread from Dominos Pizza as junk but so heavenly
43. Favourite Beverage: Bournvita, Masala Soda and Masala Chaas
44. Favourite Restaurant: I really liked Ohri's Jivas Imperia in Hyderabad and Subz in Bangalore
45. Favourite Cafe: Tea Villa Cafe (a little heavy on the pocket); Rooftop Cafe (light on the pocket). There are several eateries in Bangalore that I really enjoy eating at.
46. Favourite Type of Trip: I enjoy road trips a lot, especially when the drive is through scenic places
47. Favourite Thing to do on a rainy day: Curl up with a good book and eat a warm muffin
48. Favourite Fragrance: If this means a perfume to wear- I like Sakura from Miniso. If it is fragrance from nature that is not worn- fragrance of jasmine flowers and fragrance of sandalwood.
49. Favourite Sunny Day Activity: Shopping outdoors/Window-shopping
50. Favourite writer to read during holidays and vacations: P.G. Wodehouse, Daphne Du Maurier
51. Favourite Magazine: Good Housekeeping
52. Favourite Quote: Keeps changing. Current favourite is Be like a duck- calm and unruffled on the surface but paddling like hell underwater. I am not sure who said this- not me.

Hope you enjoyed reading.
Catch you soon on Blogpost 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment