Saturday 21 September 2019

Q2 Update on Goals



I am a little late on this post but I have taken stock of where I was with my goals for 2019 at Q2. A quick update below:

Health:
  • I am going to continue exercising at least 5 times a week. 
  • Additionally, I am eating sugar on specific days of the year and paying close attention to what I am putting into my body and will continue with this effort.
  • Getting adequate sleep
  • If possible, participate in a team sport but this is not a priority

Q2 Update: I have been exercising very regularly. I have stuck to my sugar calendar closely. Though I need to manage the amount of sleep I am getting, I have regularised the sleep wake and sleep times. I have not actively pursued participation in any team sport.


Personal Development:

  • Read/Listen/Follow to news every day
  • Take up 2 certifications/courses- one which will help me in my professional career and the other which may or may not help me professionally but it is something to help me further with a hobby or help me develop a new skill.

Q2 Update: I have been following the news everyday, although it is primarily the headlines. My preparations for the 1st certification has been in full swing.

Hobbies:

  • Reading: This year I would like to read just 1 book by the end of the year. With work and studying that I will be doing this year and with the other goals, I do not think I will be able to read more.
Q2 Update: I have finished reading one of the 2 books that I started before I set my goals and will reveal my "book of the year" once I finish with my current reads. 
  • Writing: Last year I started out writing every day and then ran out of content to write everyday. This year, however, I will be writing weekly. It can be about anything but should definitely include 1 thing I did proactively, 1 thing that demonstrates synergy and 1 thing with a win-win attitude, and the progress made with other goals.
Q2 Update: I have been doing this regularly.
  • Blogging: I would like to write 1 blog post per week from now on. I know it was my goal last year as well and I did not completely meet it. As I said, I have thought long and hard and now have a very good idea of how I can achieve it this year. 
Q2 Update: Unfortunately, I have not been blogging regularly but I am trying my best to catch-up.
  • Art: I would create 1 art work per month. I am happy to inform that I am already underway.
Q2 Update: This is underway but I have not been very regular but I intend to catch-up soon.
  • Cooking/Baking: I love cooking and baking. This year, I am going to try making at least 5 healthy gourmet recipes. In addition, if time permits, I will like to successfully bake 2 types of bread (inspired by Jenna Fischer's Instagram!!).
Q2 Update: I will have to wait until end of this year to accomplish this goal.

Apart from this, I have had the privilege to travel a bit around in my home state and hopefully will be able to blog soon about it. That's all for now from my side. Stay tuned for my Q3 update which will be on soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment