Saturday 28 March 2020

Lockdown- Day 1



The world today is battling a new kind of a war- a war with something that is not visible to the naked eye, a war which will change the course of lives for everyone forever, a war which we are not yet sure if we will survive.

One of my objectives of blogging is to chronicle some parts of my life so that if anyone stumbles upon this blogs years later, they can see what it was like. I plan on writing bite-sized posts until the lockdown due to COVID-19 is over in India. These are excerpts from my journal and I hope some people may be able to relate to it. In Bangalore, we had a partial lockdown much before the national lock down. It was a different experience compared to the national one which is much more stringent. In this blog, I plan on writing about the complete national lockdown. I plan on writing everyday. Since today is Day 4, I will write 1 blog per day from tomorrow and today, I will cover the 1st 4 days.

Day 1 excerpt from my journal:

It is Ugadi today- a festival that serves as a harbinger of hope and new dreams. However, it was quite grim. There was know festivity in the air due to the lockdown. I hope this passes soon and brings better times for all. I cleaned up my home, prepared the vermicelli sweet-dish and worked a bit in the afternoon- a productive day some might say!

No comments:

Post a Comment