Monday 27 August 2018

Mid Year Review of Goals



In the beginning of the year, I set aside some goals (click here). I also reviewed my performance in the first quarter (click here)It was time I reviewed my performance on these just to see where I am in the middle of the year:

Health: Keep up my daily exercise routine and ensure that I work-out atleast 5 days a week. Eat healthy meals every day- monthly once cheat day would be allowed. I would also go to bed at a pre-defined time and wake up everyday at the same time.
Mid year Update: I have worked hard towards this goal this year compared to any of the previous years. I must admit, sometimes I fall of the wagon for weeks but then I find myself bouncing back. I have to just control my portion sizes to be healthy.

Sharpening My Culinary Skills: I have decided to not just cook regular homely meals but push myself to prepare more gourmet dishes. I have made some in 2017 as well but would like to take things to another level. I have decided to cook 10 gourmet savoury dishes and 10 gourmet sweet dishes in the year. I will be scheduling this in my monthly planner. It will take an effort to get the recipes and ingredients together. It is a little ambitious but I will do my best.
Mid year Update: While I have gathered enough recipes to kick start this goal, I just have not been able to. However, I found myself subjected to a new kind of a challenge quite unexpectedly. In a span of 1 hour in the morning, I had to prepare an elaborate breakfast and a 3-4 course lunch for 3 whole months. I was amazed to find myself in the thick of planning and also rapid execution. Planning and speedy execution is a new dimension to my culinary ability now and I must say, I impressed myself. I still believe, in the 2nd half of the year, I should be able to work toward my original goal.


Blogging: I have decided to blog once a week in 2018. I do not want to blog sporadically but keep to a schedule. I have been inspired by Mr. Vinod Ekbote who has been blogging for the last 10 years and has been posting every Friday on his blog without fail- click here to check out the blog. I just think I need to set time aside for it and do it every week. I have a diary that is full of things that I would like to put up on my blog but due to several reasons have not been able to do so. However, I am determined to do it in 2018.
Mid year Update: I had been quite consistent until May. May onwards, I went through a downward spiral. While I wrote a lot, I could not find the time to edit and publish, being caught up at work in office and home. However, in the month of August, I am catching up quickly and hope to clear up the backlog by mid- September.

Watercolour Art: I am enjoying learning watercolour art from various online resources. I would make at least 10 proper watercolour paintings in 2018. It just must be scheduled in my monthly planner.
Mid year Update: I must admit, I have not focussed on this goal at all. However, I have some ideas up my sleeve, so I hope to achieve what I set up for myself.

Launching my Youtube Channel: This has been on my mind for some time. I have still some way to go. I am not sure if it will be possible in 2018. I have to shoot some high quality videos and do some high quality editing. This is a good-to-do goal for 2018 and not must-do as I do not want to rush into it and put up some shoddy videos out in public.
Mid year Update: I am not working towards it too much. I do not feel prepared yet for this. I have created some private video content but there is still a long way to go. I might not actively pursue this goal this year. If it happens, well and good but I will not beat myself up if it does not work out.

Writing: in my journal everyday and at least one page a day. The goal I had in 2017 was to finish writing on all pages of the journal, which in the hindsight, did not make much sense. The goal for 2018 will not only ensure that I keep to my habit of writing, but also as a bonus, would help me finish writing on all the pages. I hope I will not get demotivated like 2017 and give up.
Mid year Update: I have been doing this quite regularly but to be honest, I really do not have much or anything to write on certain days. However, I am doing way better than 2017. I would say I have written on 90% of the days. In the last couple of months though, I have not been writing regularly. I actually forgot all about this goal. This review has found to be beneficial again. I will actively write again.

Reading: I have lowered the number of books to read in 2018 to 10. As you can see, there is a lot on my plate and I do not want to make the activity that I love so much to be one that induces stress. I would also like to read some good literature, and not just fun-light reading books. I think reading before bed works for me great and I think a good 15-30 minutes before bed would be great.
Mid year Update: I am happy to have made good progress after a slow start, I have completed reading 6 out of the ten and I am reading everyday- I am confident of achieving this goal too.


Travelling: It is my goal to travel to 5 different places in 2018. I better get started on my vacation planning soon.
Mid year Update: I am happy to say that I have already been to 5 (or more) different places this year already and I would blog about them soon, and, I would love some more travel. I hope before the end of the year, I can visit some more places.

2 comments:

  1. Shantala, thank you for mentioning me here and also giving the link to my blog. Your achievements of your goals is pretty awesome. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is mine. Thank you for the encouraging words.

      Delete