Saturday 22 July 2017

It's All in the Planets- by Preeti Shenoy

I pre-ordered this book by Preeti Shenoy on Amazon and to my surprise, I received a personally signed off book by the author after it was released. I have read all the books by Preeti Shenoy except 34 Bubblegums and Candies and Why We Love the Way We Do. I had also reviewed some of her books in the past. Please click here to read those reviews if you are interested.



Coming to this book- I really felt like I was watching a movie. The book is very fast paced and the storyline does keep one hooked. However, some of the things mentioned did not feel very Indian- maybe, I am still living in a completely different time. One example would be someone having a relationship coach. There are a few other things which does make the book feel a work of fiction and unreal.

The title of the book suggests that the planetary movements and the like have an impact on our lives. Though the writer has tried her best to incorporate this element in the book, it is not very obvious or clear and does not even seem like the main theme of the book.

The book is a story of love which Aniket has for Tisha, who are NOT made for each other but they seem to in a relationship for a long time. On a train journey, Aniket meets a relationship blogger- Nidhi, who seems to be the right person for him but is engaged to a man named Manoj. Aniket is madly in love with Tisha. Nidhi and Aniket become the best of friends just after one meeting. When things are not going well between Aniket and Tisha, he asks Nidhi to be his relationship coach. There is a series of events which turn all four lives upside down and how they deal with this.

What I really love about the book is the lovely description of Nidhi's home. I could just picturize how it would be like in my mind. I also loved how she lead her life- the description is amazing and liberating.

There are some other characters in the book as well- Aniket's friend Subbu, Nidhi's family, Aniket's family, an astrologer (sorry, I forget her name) and a few other random characters. Most of these characters just make very brief appearances in the book. While some play an important part in the book (I really cannot reveal as it could be a spoiler) in character building, others just appear to make the story more real.

Though the post may not look like I thought too highly of the book, I actually liked it much better than some of Preeti Shenoy's other books. It is not as good as Life is What You Make It. On a scale of 5, I would rate the book 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment