Sunday 23 July 2017

Impulse Buy: The Adventures of Mr. Pink-Whistle by Enid Blyton

The Adventures of Mr. Pink-Whistle was one of the first books I remember having read...actually my Dad and brother read the book to me and when I was able to read, it was the first book I ever read. I would have never parted with this book but I guess we lost it while moving houses years back.I have been looking for it for quite sometime and I was so overjoyed to find it.

I found this book on Amazon long back but it was really expensive but I continued looking for it on Amazon and book stores, and finally found it at a very reasonable price on Amazon. I have moved on from reading children's books like and thought I would not buy it but just make sure it is around in circulation. However, I just bought is nonetheless without thinking about it too much.

As a child, I read and re-read this book several times. I just loved the book and still do, and it has made a lasting impression on me. Some of my user names of various social media platform have been inspired by the characters in this book.

The book was delivered to me a short while a ago today (earlier than expected) and I "unboxed" it just a short while back. I was happy and a tad bit disappointed but the balance tipped more to the happy side. The only reason I was disappointed was- the cover illustrations of the book that I had as a child was:


The book that I got had a different cover illustrations (see below):

However, the illustrations inside the book (it is not heavy on illustrations) are just the same as the book I had as a child.

This is a perfect book to start reading to children or get children into a habit of reading. It is a book all children are going to love. I do not think I should be rating this precious gem.

The book has 11 extremely short stories. As the name suggests, the story revolves around Mr. Pink-Whistle who does good to people. I know it is not much of review but the stories are really small and I really cannot say much other than the fact that children are going to love it. My favourite story from the book as a child, A Surprise for Dame Gentle. Another reason why I love the book is- the description of food in many of the stories is just yummy!!!

If you ever get your hands on this book, do grab it and enjoy it thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment