Thursday 18 April 2019

Q1 2019 Goals Update




It has not been too long since I set my goals for this year. I thought it will still be very helpful to me to evaluate and see where I stand. I am aware I might have not started working towards all of them, however, this review will definitely encourage me to start on things I have not worked on yet.

Health:
  • I am going to continue exercising at least 5 times a week. 
  • Additionally, I am eating sugar on specific days of the year and paying close attention to what I am putting into my body and will continue with this effort.
  • Getting adequate sleep
  • If possible, participate in a team sport but this is not a priority

Q1 Update: I am exercising every day of the week and so far, I have stuck to my sugar calendar closely. I still need to work on getting enough sleep though. I have not actively pursued participation in any team sport.


Personal Development:

  • Read/Listen/Follow to news every day
  • Take up 2 certifications/courses- one which will help me in my professional career and the other which may or may not help me professionally but it is something to help me further with a hobby or help me develop a new skill.

Q1 Update: I must admit I have recently started following the news on a daily basis, although it is mainly the headlines. Only if I find some topic really captivating do I go read the details further.
I have started the preparation for the exam for my 1st certification course from 01APR2019. It is tough and there is a lots to do. Once I am done with the 1st certification, I will look in to the 2nd one.

Hobbies:

  • Reading: This year I would like to read just 1 book by the end of the year. With work and studying that I will be doing this year and with the other goals, I do not think I will be able to read more.
Q1 Update: I am still reading the books I started before I set my goals and will reveal my "book of the year" once I finish with my current reads.
  • Writing: Last year I started out writing every day and then ran out of content to write everyday. This year, however, I will be writing weekly. It can be about anything but should definitely include 1 thing I did proactively, 1 thing that demonstrates synergy and 1 thing with a win-win attitude, and the progress made with other goals.
Q1 Update: I target to start this from the 1st week of May,2019 onwards.
  • Blogging: I would like to write 1 blog post per week from now on. I know it was my goal last year as well and I did not completely meet it. As I said, I have thought long and hard and now have a very good idea of how I can achieve it this year. 
Q1 Update: I did take a bit of break from this but now I have found my rhythm and would like to continue with it. The objective is to have 52 posts by the end of this year. I have already prepared the list of topics I would be writing on and when I would be writing those. Hope to continue with the same momentum.
  • Art: I would create 1 art work per month. I am happy to inform that I am already underway.
Q1 Update: This is underway. I am preparing for my next work this month and do a little bit of finishing for the previous month. I intend to post all of them on my blog if I judge them good enough to deserve a place on the blog.
  • Cooking/Baking: I love cooking and baking. This year, I am going to try making at least 5 healthy gourmet recipes. In addition, if time permits, I will like to successfully bake 2 types of bread (inspired by Jenna Fischer's Instagram!!).
Q1 Update: I have to start working on this goal. I have made a vegan banana bread and chocolate cake in March but that was not what I had in mind. So, to me I have to work on this. I would probably choose Q3 and Q4 to work on this.

That's all for now from my side. Hope to make a better progress in the next quarter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment