Thursday 4 October 2018

Q3 Update on Goals



How fast the year has flown by!!! It was just yesterday that we were greeting each other for the New Year and now, all of a sudden, we are in the las quarter of the year. I think this year, more than any other before, I have been able to focus on my personal goals more than ever before. I think tracking them through the year in my blog has helped me to keep that focus. Let us see how Q3 went for me.

Health: Keep up my daily exercise routine and ensure that I work-out atleast 5 days a week. Eat healthy meals every day- monthly once cheat day would be allowed. I would also go to bed at a pre-defined time and wake up everyday at the same time.
Q3 Update: This quarter, I have been able to put all the laziness in the bag and have been exercising every single day. I would like focus on my eating habits along with the exercise in this last quarter. I have been able to sleep, fairly around the same time and wake up at the same time. It is just that, I think I should be working on sleeping for longer hours in this last quarter as I do not get in the whole 8 hours.

Sharpening My Culinary Skills: I have decided to not just cook regular homely meals but push myself to prepare more gourmet dishes. I have made some in 2017 as well but would like to take things to another level. I have decided to cook 10 gourmet savoury dishes and 10 gourmet sweet dishes in the year. I will be scheduling this in my monthly planner. It will take an effort to get the recipes and ingredients together. It is a little ambitious but I will do my best.
Q3 Update: This quarter, I finally kicked off the grand gourmet journey. I know I still have a bit of journey here but I am glad I started it as now I am bursting with ideas. I hope, by the end of the year, I will be able to achieve it.

Blogging: I have decided to blog once a week in 2018. I do not want to blog sporadically but keep to a schedule. I have been inspired by Mr. Vinod Ekbote who has been blogging for the last 10 years and has been posting every Friday on his blog without fail- click here to check out the blog. I just think I need to set time aside for it and do it every week. I have a diary that is full of things that I would like to put up on my blog but due to several reasons have not been able to do so. However, I am determined to do it in 2018.
Q3 Update: After a break that I took from blogging mid-year, I am now back to blogging consistently. I have not been able to clear my backlog but now I have a bagful of ideas for content so I hope to get in all the 52 blogs by end of this year.

Watercolour Art: I am enjoying learning watercolour art from various online resources. I would make at least 10 proper watercolour paintings in 2018. It just must be scheduled in my monthly planner.
Q3 Update: I had mentioned in my mid-year that I have not focussed a lot. I have some ideas but that would be executed only in the last month of the year. So, still on hold. 

Launching my Youtube Channel: This has been on my mind for some time. I have still some way to go. I am not sure if it will be possible in 2018. I have to shoot some high quality videos and do some high quality editing. This is a good-to-do goal for 2018 and not must-do as I do not want to rush into it and put up some shoddy videos out in public.
Q3 Update: During my mid-year review, I had written- "I am not working towards it too much. I do not feel prepared yet for this. I have created some private video content but there is still a long way to go. I might not actively pursue this goal this year. If it happens, well and good but I will not beat myself up if it does not work out." I am not going to pursue this, this year and also maybe next. So, in my end of the year update, this goal would be removed.

Writing: in my journal everyday and at least one page a day. The goal I had in 2017 was to finish writing on all pages of the journal, which in the hindsight, did not make much sense. The goal for 2018 will not only ensure that I keep to my habit of writing, but also as a bonus, would help me finish writing on all the pages. I hope I will not get demotivated like 2017 and give up.
Q3 Update: I have written consistently in the first half of the year but in the 3rd quarter, I just lost way. I must have written a couple of times and that is about it. Anyway, in Q3, I plan to write regularly again.

Reading: I have lowered the number of books to read in 2018 to 10. As you can see, there is a lot on my plate and I do not want to make the activity that I love so much to be one that induces stress. I would also like to read some good literature, and not just fun-light reading books. I think reading before bed works for me great and I think a good 15-30 minutes before bed would be great.
Q3 Update: I am reading everyday and regularly so I am quite confident about achieving this goal by Q3. I have already read over 60% of the books.


Travelling: It is my goal to travel to 5 different places in 2018. I better get started on my vacation planning soon.
Q3 Update: I have achieved this goal for this year but I would like to visit more places, if possible before end of this year. Can't wait.....

No comments:

Post a Comment