Saturday 13 September 2014

Come On Inner Peace...I don't have all day! by Sachin Garg

In my experience in reading Indian authors, most of them are quite good but they do not get read enough or their due credit. However, I will say no such thing about this particular book. It is probably one of the worst books I have ever read. The only thing catchy in this book is its name and that is it. 



When I spotted the book at a store and wanted to buy it, my husband had warned me by saying that it does not look like a good book and I lectured him on how he was judging the book by its cover and that he should read Indian authors as these days they really write very well..blah blah blah...but after I was done reading, I had to apologise to him as he was very right this time.

The story starts with a disturbed guy after he has lost the love of his life and is seeking inner peace and lands up at an ashram looking for guidance and the Swami there puts this guy and another of his disciples on a trip to look for that peace by getting a proper closure with a former friend of his and on this journey they face a lot challenges. (I think I am making the book sound much better than it really is.) The challenges they face vary from - getting into an exclusive bar to cooking meth (which I understand is plagiarised from Breaking Bad- the popular TV show. I do not follow Breaking Bad on TV so not sure how far it is true) and selling meth, rescuing a meth addict and raising money for cancer. It still sounds better than what it is. The only thing which slightly inclines towards being the good thing about the book is that it is quite fast paced (thankfully!) due to which you do not waste a lot of your time reading it. Having said that, reading the book in itself is a big waste of one's time.

The book has a lot of incorrect grammar and the author gets confused with the character names at many occasions. He forgets which character is a part of the conversation and which is not, in many places. The editor has also failed to pick these up and have it rectified as well. 

To be honest, I read this book just because I paid for it and did not want to it to go for a waste. Had I borrowed it from a library, I would have returned it on the same day.

I would rate this book no more than 0.5/5 and the 0.5 is for the title.


No comments:

Post a Comment