Sunday 17 November 2019

Q3 2019 Update on Goals



Where has this year flown by? It was just the other day that I was greeting people for the 2019 New Years'. Every year seems to be going by faster than the previous year. I am beginning to wonder if the clock moves faster every year.

In Q3 of this year, I got to do a crazy amount of travelling. I went to Europe for work for almost a month, and put the weekends to good use. Due to the travelling and the preparation for the travel, I have had a set back in achieving and focussing on some of my other goals. The travel was unplanned and when it materialised, it presented itself with different types of opportunities for personal growth and development. I set goals so that I can live a purposeful life where I develop myself, learn new things and feel fulfilled. Let us see, how my Q3 was:

Health:
  • I am going to continue exercising at least 5 times a week. 
  • Additionally, I am eating sugar on specific days of the year and paying close attention to what I am putting into my body and will continue with this effort.
  • Getting adequate sleep

Q3 Update: I have been exercising pretty regularly in Q3 as well and stuck close to my no-sugar schedule pretty rigourously. Adequate sleep was still work in progress but I slept and woke up at regular times. I am ruling out participation in a team sport completely. I do not think it is something I will actively pursue this year.


Personal Development:

  • Read/Listen/Follow to news every day
  • Take up 2 certifications/courses- one which will help me in my professional career and the other which may or may not help me professionally but it is something to help me further with a hobby or help me develop a new skill.

Q3 Update: I have been following the news everyday, although it is primarily the headlines. My preparations for the 1st certification has been in full swing. However, due to the trip and its preparation, I had to take a hiatus from the preparation of my certification course. I will continue my preparation for one of them alone- I want to do it properly an do it well. I would most likely write the exam next year.

Hobbies:

  • Reading: This year I would like to read just 1 book by the end of the year. With work and studying that I will be doing this year and with the other goals, I do not think I will be able to read more.
Q3 Update: As mentioned previously, I have finished reading one of the 2 books that I started before I set my goals and the other one is almost done. I will reveal my "book of the year" once I finish with my current reads. Usually, I like to read on my trips but I had anticipated rightly that it would be quite hectic and did not do any reading during the trip, for the very first time.

  • Writing: Last year I started out writing every day and then ran out of content to write everyday. This year, however, I will be writing weekly. It can be about anything but should definitely include 1 thing I did proactively, 1 thing that demonstrates synergy and 1 thing with a win-win attitude, and the progress made with other goals.
Q3 Update: Unfortunately, my greater involvement in the trip prep, put this on a back seat but now, I have started writing again, and believe it or not, off late, I have been doing it everyday.

  • Blogging: I would like to write 1 blog post per week from now on. I know it was my goal last year as well and I did not completely meet it. As I said, I have thought long and hard and now have a very good idea of how I can achieve it this year. 
Q3 Update: Unfortunately, I have not been blogging regularly but I am trying my best to catch-up.

  • Art: I would create 1 art work per month. I am happy to inform that I am already underway.
Q3 Update: This is underway but I have not been very regular but I intend to catch-up soon.

  • Cooking/Baking: I love cooking and baking. This year, I am going to try making at least 5 healthy gourmet recipes. In addition, if time permits, I will like to successfully bake 2 types of bread (inspired by Jenna Fischer's Instagram!!).
Q3 Update: I will have to wait until end of this year to accomplish this goal.

That is it for now, I have had a lot of unexpected travels this year but I am happy with the amount of knowledge and experienced that I gained from these.

No comments:

Post a Comment